Wednesday 1 February 2017

Tote Bags

I took a lino print from my 504 module and thought it'd translate well on a tote bag. After looking into how to lino print onto fabric, for the size I planned on printing and the time I had available to do it, it was impractical. I then thought about just using the positives from my lino prints, to screen print  Which also meant I could make separate layers allowing me to use more than one colour.


Screen printing the tote bags, I found was actually quite simple. It was a bit tricky getting used to marking out the position of the screen for each tote bag and remembering to do 4 pulls instead of 1 or 2. But other than that, I found it easier than screen printing onto paper. 

I'm really happy with how they turned out, I think they were even more successful than my prints of the same lino for 504. To compliment the canvas material of the tote bag, I decided to print using a pale pink and navy blue. I felt printing with black ink would be too harsh a contrast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment