Monday 9 October 2017

Mission Statement


I find my most successful pieces of work are when I simplify an image and think of my compositions as a combination of different shapes, I enjoy incorporating different textures and pattern to give my work an extra dimension. I’m inspired by Saul Bass and Dutch design, as well as content which relates to where I grew up in Sunderland. Although I’m very content driven it is the process in which it takes to get to the end product which interests me. Most recently I’ve looked at more traditional print techniques and mixed media within my work, this is why I find it so difficult to work digitally, I enjoy the handmade quality with analogue materials. The use of shape is prominent in my work so I would like to explore how the simplicity of this may transfer to a repeat pattern, to be printed onto fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment